Mijn agrimatie

Agrimatie - informatie over de agrosector

Agro & food portal > News
         
Sustainable business operations linked to better economic results?

19/08/2020

A ranking of dairy farms based on their overall sustainability score reveals that the 25% with the highest score also achieve better economic results than the other 75%. For example, the critical milk price for the top 25% of dairy farms is significantly lower. We previously reported these findings based on an analysis of data from specialised dairy farms included in Wageningen Economic Research’s Farm Accountancy Data Network. An update (covering 2016-2018) revealed the same results. This article attempts to shed some light on what is driving these outcomes. The article is based not on an exhaustive study but on a quick scan providing an insight into how the data in the Farm Accountancy Data Network can be used. Many questions remain to be answered. 

Additional information for this item

Sustainable holdings
•      



Contact
Alfons Beldman
+31320293540
 

Other recent news items
25/11/2020:
17/11/2020:
12/11/2020:
06/11/2020:
03/11/2020:
02/11/2020:
28/10/2020:
28/10/2020:
01/10/2020:
01/10/2020:

More news